Paul Nathanail, Chair, Bramcote Neighbourhood Forum writes: Please find below a copy of the letter I emailed Councillor Tony Harper yesterday. Cllr Harper sent a friendly acknowledgement to the email copied to our MP, Bramcote Councillors and the head of Planning.
Bramcote Neighbourhood Forum will make a full and formal response to the consultation on the Local Plan Part 2 in due course.
Given the proposals to your committee, Bramcote Neighbourhood Forum requests that:
1. the committee rejects the recommendation to take the entire Bramcote Site out of the green belt.
2. the committee makes a specific allocation for the site of the Bramcote School, due to close imminently, for EITHER a Local Green Space OR a Publically Owned Leisure Centre.
3. the committee in no way permits the site of the Bramcote School to become WHITE space or even worse a brownfield site whether within or outwith the green belt.
4. the committee takes into account the fact that the Bramcote Forum has adopted a housing target for its area of 236 dwellings over the lifetime of the plan and that the council’s figures show that the already completed, under construction, with detailed planning permission and with outline planning permission dwelling amount to some 180 dwellings when it considers making further housing allocation in Bramcote.
5. the committee acknowledges that the very special circumstances that would be needed to allow development within the green belt do not include the financial straits that a private company may find itself in.
I wish you and your committee all the best tomorrow as you try and shape the future of Broxtowe not just until the end of the plan but well beyond.
Chair, Bramcote Neighbourhood Forum