Who are your local sports heroes? What clubs and individuals inspire you? The Broxtowe Borough Sports Review is back for 2015 to honour the dedication and sporting achievements of local people.
Everyday hundreds of people dedicate their time to sport through volunteering, coaching or participating in a variety of activities and Broxtowe Borough Council’s Broxtowe Sport team are currently looking for nominations to recognise the contribution they make to the local community.
There are eight award categories, including:
- Sports Person of the Year (18 years and over)
- Young Sport Person of the Year (Under 18 years)
- Disabled Sports Person of the Year (Learning, sensory or physical disability)
- Volunteer of the Year (Coach, official or parent, 18 years and over)
- Young Volunteer of the Year (Coach, official or sibling, under 18 years)
- Team of the Year (Age group or school team)
- Club of the Year (Junior, adult or mixed club)
- More than Sport Award – An award for a special person or group who have really made a different, open to everyone in Broxtowe
Previous winners include Paralympic Fencer Simon Wilson, Beeston Hockey Club and Attenborough Cricket Club.
Nominations can be made online at www.broxtowe.gov.uk/sportsreview
All nominees must live or represent a team within the Borough of Broxtowe and the work they have done must cover the period of the 1st November 2013 to 31st October 2015.
The closing date for nominations is Saturday 31st October 2013. The awards evening will take place at the East Midlands Conference Centre on the evening of Sunday 17th January 2015.
Broxtowe Borough Council’s Sports Development Team, Broxtowe Sport, work with a variety of different partners including residents, sports people, coaches, volunteers and clubs to improve the quality and range of sports provision in Broxtowe Borough.